Glad to be Unhappy
Rodgers/Hart for Frank Sinatra
Look at yourself, if you had a sense of humor
You would laugh to beat the band
Look at yourself, do you still believe the rumor
That romance is simply grand?
Since you took it right on the chin
You have lost that bright toothpaste grin
My mental state is all a-jumble
I sit around and sadly mumble
Fools rush in, so here I am
Very glad to be unhappy
I can't win, but here I am
More than glad to be unhappy
Unrequited love's a bore
And I've got it pretty bad
But for someone you adore
It's a pleasure to be sad
Like a straying baby lamb
With no mammy and no pappy
I'm so unhappy
But oh, so glad!
One month is like one hour I experienced at the show last night. There were so many interesting scenes on the stage in an hour that I thought the first part of the show lasted at least 1.5 hours. Today last month I left Ubud. Exactly one month! I feel 9.8 if I cannot say 10! Been in 6.5 last week, now I have a benchmark to know my tip-top condition. I felt excited, enthusiastic, and happy doing three-hour labor around the house to prepare my nest.
I’m glad I stayed for last night show. It’s not just because of the show but also because of my good friends. They were so nice to having mothers’-night-out with me. It’s always nice to know another ‘life’ especially life I’d never been… being a mother! I learned a lot about being mothers away from mother country. They are American. It touched me!
My trip home was smooth with a good start. The taxi company sent Alphard to take me to airport. It’s my first time being in such a luxurious van (as in taxi, I mean). I have come to accept taxis in Manila as part of my life in taxis but Jakarta never stops pampering its inhabitant. I thought about it while enjoying the smooth Sunday morning traffic. Life is so easy in Jakarta if you have all the ‘equipments.’ No queue in banks, government offices, or shops; once you are a client, they won't let you waiting. It makes life becomes less tougher in a way.
The flight was full of holiday-goers. It’s nice to see excited faces anticipating holiday in paradise while I rushed to go home – my ever holiday destination. Bali sun never fails me. It touched me to my joints and bones. I’m truly happy to be back home. There’s something magical about Ubud that makes me a crazy fan. I believe I’m not alone.
Now I have quite a long list to do in the next six days before my next… holiday.
Say it again?!
Funny that Sinatra’s song sings in the back of my mind the past days.