Think I have had too many holidays. I’m addicted. And in the moment like now, I’m already high on… a break! I’m intoxicated!
I spent a day with my dear dear friend from Belgium. We saw each other again for the first time after eleven months last night in her parents’ house. It was so nice to see her again. We clicked again right away. This rainy morning, I took her and her two cousins from Holland to Sanur. The famous Sunday market. Just for the fun of it. We didn’t eat much, didn’t shop much. It was drizzling and sunny alternately almost all day.
The traffic in Ubud and on the way to Sanur were incredibly unusual. Full! There were spots that I felt like I was in Jakarta. Sea of cars, and stop. My endurance has run thinner it seems. Bali has pampered me most of the time, traffic wise, but of course nothing is eternal. The girls were asleep.
I dropped my plan to go to Yogya to see my great auntie’s museum project next week. The time doesn’t fit us and really I don’t want to squeeze everything in one single trip. I want to enjoy every moment I spend with myself and close ones. I look forward to starting my next trip in two days though. I have already fixed all appointments: shop, friends, dentist, and hairstylist. A friend suggested us to go picnic in the forest near Bogor that I haven’t said yes. Again, I don’t want to cram all nice things in a pot. It’s going to be a very short visit. Well, five days can be short if every day is fully booked.
A friend shared me about her summer. It s*cks, she said. Her mother in-law is not well, her son’s two lovely dogs passed within 11 days, her new place in other country is not ready yet, two son’s weddings coming within three months… For me, my summer is unusual. So many unusual things happen especially in the past weeks. Till I asked myself more often: it’s me, or it’s the Universe?
It could be me, it could be you!
Sail, sail, sail.