Idling in airport can be fun! Fun because there’s no other option if we have to wait. I arrived in airport a bit too early. It happens when my flight leaves in the early afternoon; my day is chopped into two. I’m not here in the morning, neither there in the afternoon. It’s okay, it’s just another day spent in airport.
The queue in check-in counter was long. Long and there’s uncertainty in the air. I observed the weary tanned travelers from Bali ready to hop onto the next holiday destination, Bangkok. Traveling is fun, always, but yes you need good stamina because of the waiting and all the procedures in airport. I was in the queue for half hour, not so bad. The check-in counter staff was so efficient. That’s when we spent some $4 to assign a seat. No seat searching needed.
My flight was delayed almost an hour. I thought about it, or, I might have projected on it to happen. I already told some friends that I never experienced delay on the budget airlines I just tried last January. It’s fine, I can still handle an hour. I have all day to just travel today although I don’t go that far, only 2.5 hours away from Denpasar.
This week is definitely a ‘Jakarta week’ for me. I spent time from Friday to Thursday next week with old friends from Jakarta who already live away from Indonesia. It’s part of spending summer in Bali. The coming three days, I will be in Singapore with a good friend lives in Jakarta. It’s been years we didn’t travel together so we are excited to anticipate our time together. The timing is so perfect as we don’t see each other much since I moved to Bali and she spends almost half year in London with her boys.
The final match of World Cup will be at 2:30 am Singapore time tomorrow. I’m not into it but learning the hype I cannot resist but consider to watch somewhere near hotel. I’m not sure though since I don’t care that much (except that in my face many of my friends are for Spain, I am very curious why?!) and I’m not sure if my roommate will kick us enough to watch. If I were in Bali, I might consider to watch the match with friends on Sanur beach. I got invitation for the fun together. See? It’s the hype!
I am now on board. I left my main laptop at home for the first time. It’s only a short trip so I thought I can survive without it. I already got the first hit of not having my laptop. I forgot to charge my music! I know it has some hours still but I have started to feel ridiculously insecure. I also didn’t prepare to download pictures on this travel laptop as I consider this laptop public. The latter doesn’t matter much but it’s just odd that I feel I’m not going to be that updated!
Think I will be off now. I have an unusual male-male couple neighbor, holding hands (fine), but one sings out loud with his iPad plays something with audible noise. What a patient spouse he has!
I uploaded this post from a tea-house in the latest upmarket mall in Orchard. So noisy on Sunday afternoon when getting a seat was quite tough!