What a second day of cleaning house! For one, I’m going to host relatives in the next four nights but it’s also time for me to give the house ‘a big bath.’ It’s been long since the past two long trips I made. I hardly stayed home long enough to give some parts a thorough attention. I raided those nook and cranny especially in the kitchen and bathroom where there’s open part. Ubud dust can be black like in polluted metropolitan. It might be because of the damp weather that the dirt sticks. Anyway, it’s a really big project I have been doing the past two mornings.
I had late lunch with good girlfriends from Perth and lives in Ubud. We’re all ex-Jakartan. It was a nice hilarious lunch. It’s so nice to listen to girls talking about what they fantasized. Face job under knives. Thing that hasn’t been in my mind (yet). I liked the way they were so frank about what they visualized when they were by themselves in front of mirror. Pull here, pull there. No wonder that such business has become big the past decade.
I went grocery shopping before home and ran across some neighbors. My dear neighbor was so excited to see me. Yea, it’s been one month at least. Catch up on Facebook is not enough, we talked about his ill Mom and his happy life with his boyfriend. Then I spotted my neighbor who looks after the stray dog that came to our compound some time ago. She and her husband were so nice to have taken the dog to vet to get vaccination. Sally has become a communal alarm now. She sleeps in front of my neighbor’s door. Cute dog I grow to like more each day.
So for such a simple shopping, I spent an hour! A good hour with catch up so nothing wasted. I skipped a visit to my great-auntie in the evening because of uncertain time and it was raining. I rescheduled the meeting to tomorrow morning. I can see that I won’t have much time for my shop and myself in the coming two weeks. I got more emails from friends abroad and in Jakarta asking to meet up in Ubud. Fine!
Another billboard in the National Library, Singapore.