Senin, 05 Juli 2010
I was so smiley feeling the sun at 9:00 while driving to downtown Ubud. It was raining almost all night and cloudy in the morning so I enjoyed the sun more than anything. I smiled looking at my big-city skin color. Oh so pale like many Jakartan! A month away from the sun is enough to erase my suntan.
I did banking first things first. My internet-banking key was locked up on my last night in Jakarta before left for Manila so it’s been a month I live without virtual bank. I have a long payment list to do that people have been so understanding about my situation. It’s so inconvenient. Now although it takes two days before the key effective but at least I know it’s going to be ready soon.
I also took time to change the service of my broadband connection. Now to… unlimited! I didn’t know that they introduced cheaper package since three months ago so I paid over a million for over usage the past few months. Now I use fixed rate for unlimited. I just don’t know how to access all the information about things if we as customer are not notified. No complain. It happened and now has resolved.
Since I built my shop’s website I realize I need unlimited package to upload pictures and work on many things regarding the activity. I’m willing to help a friend to build website for her philanthropy work that I’m not able to share my time away from my activity yet. She has amazed me. Quit her over-a-decade long job to work for her own office and dedicate the rest of her time to do charity work. I have considered some helps I can offer. I read Fortune last edition about Buffet-Gates campaign to get billionaires to give away half their wealth. That amazed me fine but I’m touched more by the idea of people from my level of wealth. What can we do for others with whatever we have?
I had nice chat with an Indian visiting my shop this afternoon. I was in the shop to plan a new layout with my staff. It’s nice to see the shop with fresh paint. Like new! I really want to give the shop a new pulse this summer. I really hope all can be done within this week that I can see it could. I believe in high spirit!
Old radio at Tayag's house in Angeles City, PI.