It’s strange last night. I was so curious about the final result of the World Cup but I didn’t feel like staying up for the match. It’s 2:30 Singapore time. My friend and I went to bed around 00:30. She arrived a bit late then we walked to find something to nibble so we were late to bed.
I awoke about 70 minutes after the match started. I went online in the dark to see the result. It’s was still 0-0. Just a few minutes after I switched off, I heard Hoaaaaa… from somewhere so I went online again. Nothing happened. I struggled for some minutes to get back to sleep. I managed. I think I dreamed about the football. I was so anxious because many of my friends were for Spain while my knowledge was Netherland has good football players. I was just confused and so curious to see if Paul the Octopus were right again in predicting this time.
I woke up late and went online right away. I feel sorry that Netherlands lost. But even, I was amazed knowing how they played. It’s so rough! No wonder they don’t get much… respect? My friend in Amsterdam said it’s so quiet on the street, no more parties till morning so she slept soundly before catching train to Berlin. It’s so interesting learning how excited they were and suddenly died out.
I already said to myself I’m not going to shop for clothes, shoes, and books. I have enough! But I don’t mind checking out underwear. My friend joined me sooner than we had expected. We roamed Orchard street just before the shops open at 11. Seven hours later, just in one mall (the old Ngee Ann City), we bought all we thought we need. I didn’t buy shoes and books, but the former and the latter. I won’t do again tomorrow! Shall I repeat? Don’t believe me…
A picture posted on Facebook only a few hours after the match over.
