Jumat, 04 Juni 2010


Hidup memang penuh kejutan. My cousin texted me after he and Ketut dropped me off in airport early this morning. For me, it’s another day with unexpected things. It never happened before and it happened in the time I needed my car most! One of the tires ran flat when I drove out of my yard. I once thought What if? Like The Secret, don’t do What if?

It’s good I have a good support in Ubud. Often my friends reminded me about it that although I live by myself but I should not worry since I have a troop of supporting friends. It’s true and I feel grateful because of it. It warms me to know that friends just come and help when I need.

My fate got better. I was by myself in the shared-transportation car going to Malang. The other person didn’t show up. I could relax in the backseat. I didn’t sleep well last night. I must say I barely slept. It’s just strange. I felt a bit uncomfortable with the minor change of my departure next Thursday. The flight I used to take was booked out that I had to use other airline with a stop in Singapore. It means…

Before Ketut picked me up, I was standing by my car counting my blessings. After all the unexpected things happening in the past two days, I’m still lucky in many ways. I should not complain since I have options to outsmart things I don’t want to happen. To have options is the most luxury thing in the world.

It’s so nice to be with my dear nephew again. Smell of cookies in oven was all over house when I arrived. My auntie baked trays of cookies for the upcoming son's wedding. My nephew had stocked up food I like (among them is… grr chocolate!). Serving food is part of warm hospitality in Asia especially in small towns like Malang. I have prepared but I prepared to say No! Or, I need to manage my intake. How can I resist the cookies (yes, it’s floua and suga)? Coke and not a Zero? Oily perut ayam and bolu kukus that look so inviting? It’s part of politeness too that I consume what they have served. Not an excuse at all, I’m telling you the truth!

I won’t say I will start diet tomorrow but I’d like to say… I will exercise even more tomorrow! The same affirmation I have started saying months ago and still need to work on. The Secret says Just do it!

Bag tag I once thought cool but I chickened out to wear later. We live in different kind of world now.