Minggu, 20 Juni 2010


It’s Father’s Day. It’s so different than last week when Saturday was the Independence Day. The weekend was quiet as many were out of town for the long weekend. Today was special. Mall parking spaces were full and sea of people could be seen inside the malls and restaurants. I never celebrated Father’s Day because it’s not a tradition in Indonesia and also Indonesian does not have local Hari Bapak to appreciate all the fathers in Indonesia, let alone the world.

So it’s quite new to me that I happened to be here on Father’s Day. Maybe it’s my imagination but I saw many happy men (must be fathers?) with gifts on their hands walking in the mall with the family. People also gathered to listen to music played by elders in a mall. It was fun, they all looked happy together. On the way back, I was mesmerized by the running text in huge size in the intersection of Makati that flashed good wishes for Fathers in the world. It’s totally new to me!

I have finalized a part of my new project with my shop. I created a total presentation of my artwork as model for other artists I’m going to feature. I plan to focus on other artists from tomorrow on. I still have two weeks before I get back in Ubud. I so look forward to being in Ubud again but I’m just happy wherever I am. Limited option is nice some time as it opens up other opportunities if we dare to look for them.

"Juggling," my gift for a father.