Selasa, 01 Juni 2010


This is to celebrate the 100th post.

Yea, but what’s for? A friend sighed when I suggested her to buy a netbook for the rest of her journey in Asia that still goes for good three months or maybe more if she decides to go to China till March next year. She is now working on a website she wants to do and some other works, also for a scholarship she applied she needs to blog and network (Facebook and Twitter).

She thinks there’s no point of blogging after the scholarship is announced. She doesn’t want to spend time writing knowing that no one will read. Good point! I often thought about it too. I’m writing a lot to… nobody! Hardly one reads my blog, not even close ones. How did I know? They ask things I have written on blog. They rarely if never comment on unusual remarks I made about my day. They don’t know what I’m up to, what bothers me, what's my plan… And funny enough, they demand to know about my days! Ha.

I’m also a good email writer, I know that very well! And the same, people don’t have time to read an elaborate email. Now I learn how to write life update in journalistic style that is brief pointers instead of elaborate paragraphs. I enjoy it when they write back asking about details of a pointer.

So, yes, what’s for? The same question of what’s for is still streaming in, asking why I took museology training last April. Can’t we just do what we want to do without particular purpose? Is any training wasted if we just do it? If we have additional knowledge? When the same friend asked why I did museology training said she enjoyed helping out in the museum in Sweden, my eyebrows raised. Never mind. I’m glad for I got email from the Indonesian liaison with a museum in Leiden about the book about to publish and they reserve thank-you copies for us who helped with the project. I am in!

I learned that many think writing is a great idea and important but hardly one likes the idea of writing. Even travel journal that I thought traveling is the best moment to record. They thought there’s no point to write since they are not going to reread what they have written because they want to enjoy the moment, the NOW! Do you think I reread my diary books and blog posts from years ago? So here I am, I don’t even read my writing! Maybe they are right in the end. What’s for?

Why are you walking up and down the rope, ants?!