Sitting in Starbucks now, I’m reminiscing. My art juice is flowing very well since the past days. I created four fabulous assemblages as a start of a new concept of my shop. It doesn’t come easy to realize that I have some talents if I want to explore. I have let it buried deep for so long. Some friends have tried to convince me that I can do something with my art, or, I can share it with other art-fans with pay. In other words… my art is sell-able. How can I see that?
Anyway, the new concept of my shop would be… featuring talented artists in and out Ubud I know well. I will create a corner for each artist to display her/his work including mine. I have held some artists’ work since long time but hardly had I featured them as individual. I have sort of treated their work as merchandise although I also provide the background of the work including about the artist. I want to do more for their arts and at the same time for mine. Put them all in foreground!
I’m quite excited about my new idea. I realized this morning it’s so nice to have something to look forward every day. In Ubud, I look forward to having retreat in Manila. In Manila, I look forward to materializing ideas I got from the retreat. My friend said the other day that it seems I need more than one home to live that I showed strong disagreement. I thought I enjoy living in one post only. I thought. Now I agree with his statement. I really enjoy changing place and scenery, not just for traveling but more… to have enough time to be in a retreat.
I still have some eight days before my retreat ends. I have told myself to finish off my new idea so that I will be really ready when I get in Ubud. I don’t have much time when I’m back. Summer has started and my staff will start her maternity-leave soon. I will be fully in charge at the shop for at least two months. It excites me somehow.
My third artwork “What We Forget”