Now I believe that creating an artwork needs a good hands-on, not just working on the ideas. The frame I bought for my idea yesterday sat in the plastic bag all night. I didn’t know what to do. This morning I took it out and started to work on my idea. The idea developed as I started to cut and stick things. I had wanted to develop my collage work into more 2-dimension. For years I made it on a piece of paper, I want to have it more finished this time.
Been long I didn’t work on such, I forgot tips and trick to make a collage neat. It didn’t matter since lack of material had made me more creative. I made paper tole effect on the collage by leaving some parts loose. I was so happy to see my first creation that I canceled my plan to shop for stones. I sold quite some necklaces in Jakarta the past week. And just two days ago I got invitation to display my work in a shop in Seminyak! In time I want to renew my collection!
I could not help shopping for more unique frames! I found out here there’s quite selection for frames and at reasonable price too! Many are specially made for keeping 2-dimensional object like medallion so it has thick passé partout and ‘depth.’ It’s perfect for 2-dimensional collage. Today I was not that lucky though. The big bookshops I visited didn’t have wide selection. I bought two frames that have unique feature so I can play with it. I have some ideas! It keeps burning inside.
The trip to the bookshops has brought me to the most luxurious part of the big mall. I often watched the display-windows from outside but never been inside. It’s interesting, it reminded me of malls in Jakarta with high-end goods. I treated my eyes window-shopping. Walking aimlessly in malls makes me tired. After lunch, I hurried home.
Second artwork is waiting to be produced!
"The Children of War," my first artwork here.