Kamis, 03 Juni 2010


Life is funny sometimes. Full of unexpected things. It was raining when I got up, the usual wet morning these days. I waited till a bit late before made a decision to clean car. My car was just clean and dry when the drizzle started again. I let go. It was just strange to see the sun and the rain at the same time.

If feels like December when the rain falls every day that feels damp in the house. There’s something I don’t enjoy much in the wet season. Wet season? Who can tell these days, it’s June and wet in Ubud (that I don’t think it applies to the rest of Bali)? What can’t I enjoy? Smell of damp in the house that is quite annoying since I could not locate the source. I end up using aircon often like in summer. I feel not so good about it but I also need to dehumidify my stuff. It’s a constant issue of living in this lovely but humid town.

And so how do the unexpected things continue to happen this morning? I was so proud of myself to be able to start the day so early when I drove out around 9! I rarely if never failed to be on time but there were times when I had to cut my plan to be on or in time at least. So yes, my pride vanished instantly when I realized I forgot my hair dye at home. For the first time, I had to drive back to fetch something.

And the bank officer nicely reminded me to always bring an… ID! The ibu-ibu in me had simplified handbag in the morning and she could only remember to bring enough cash and an ATM card. Not even driver license! It had been long I didn’t feel inadequate! Anyway, she was nice to just proceed with the renewal of my account-book with a few verifications. In Bali, we need to have KIPEM (local ID that is more like permit to stay) but we cannot use it as a ‘real’ ID for banking. I managed to get my local driver license using that KIPEM actually. Yea, we never know!

I had nice hilarious moment with my color stylist, as always. He colors my hair and my day once a month. Just love him! Another beautiful soul in Ubud. I managed to find gifts for my loved ones before lunch with a good friend-couple in their favorite café. By 4 o’clock, I had gone to three cafés to meet friends. I had quite hectic last day. Even now I haven’t packed my clothes properly. I just printed my ticket. After all the unexpected things since morning, I was so brave to have my air-ticket printed in last minute.

Now I look forward to start my usual four-week trip!

I enjoy my new netbook so much that I look for this sign wherever.