
I had short morning at home, I left house at 8. After tough negotiation over a week, my good friend and I finally found time to meet today at our favorite breakfast-stop in the middle of rice field. We have experienced out-of-sync after not seeing each other so long. That I understand it can happen. I observed friends that come and go in my life lately. The rotation is getting faster because of my regular change of rhythm.
I was pondering while walking. My sister told me the other day about how boring to be less occupied in office. She said she becomes less creative because has so much time. It rings true to me. That’s what I feel lately. I am not well occupied that I don’t feel creative. I don’t need to be bossed around but I appreciate deadlines. Deadlines give me pressure that then it makes me more creative in using time.
It was a nice catch up with my girlfriend. She just bought a treadmill to boost her energy in the morning. I’m happy for her as now she walks in the sun less and only joins yoga class once a week that I haven’t gone since I got back. She will leave for her hometown in two weeks while I haven’t planned my next travel yet. There are some proposals to travel but I haven’t bitten the bait yet. I have started enjoying my new rhythm in Ubud. My days are already occupied till end of month which is only next week.
I enjoyed walking. After the long breakfast, I continued walking downtown to buy more DVDs (just because I exchanged one) and cakes for my afternoon break. Then see my accounting staff in the shop where she works formally. We talked about business in general then I let her share what’s in her mind. Been married ten years, she hasn’t got child yet. I understand her feeling as children is so important for Balinese family. I advised her to go with the flow (uh who am I giving an advice?) that often when I share a wisdom I can hear I'm giving myself the same advice. Before I left, she insisted on buying me drink (that came with two cupcakes). She is so sincere as always.
I walked briskly another ten minutes to go further downtown to meet my good friend for lunch in a warung our friend owns. It’s sunny but the breeze was cool so walking felt so pleasant. I was not perspiring as bad as the other day. It was great, I enjoyed stretching while walking! Been living in Ubud three years this month, I feel Ubud is 'getting smaller.' Walking downtown is not a big deal for me (anymore). I could decide it so easily. I’m happy with the feeling. I made a silent pact with myself, I have to walk downtown at least once a week.
Miraculously, I still have energy when I got home. I opened my new toy, the netbook, and explored it. It’s been two days I didn’t touch it. I don’t want to let this waiting so I got an idea to use it at… my low table. I’m writing this post on netbook. I took time to relearn how Windows work. After long hours exploring Help, I can only say, now I understand what people mean with Why make things simple when you can make things complicated. Viva Mac!
The new gigantic Balinese gate in the main road of Ubud.