Rabu, 19 Mei 2010


Sometimes your power resides not in what you do
but in what you don't do.
Paulo Coelho
What a nice quote from a very well-known person, I can use it as an excuse! Yay!

I was cleaning house in and out this morning when I thought about how real life is actually like life on… Facebook. There’s a short funny movie depicting Facebook in real life and it’s so true! We shut off what we don’t want to hear (Hide button on Facebook) by not responding or flat responding of hm and ya. We share what we thought our friends would like to experience (Share button). We hesitate accepting ‘a reconnection’ because we are not sure if we still want to stay in touch. Or, we simply disconnect from people because it’s not the same anymore after being connected for a while (Remove from Friends button). Those feelings feel so familiar to me. And to many others, I believe. By the way, here’s the link.

The past days I have a new set of friends chat with me online. I rarely had the same set from time to time. Like in real life, friends come and go. Warm today, cool tomorrow. Hot tomorrow, didn’t exist yesterday. When we like to befriend with someone, it does not necessarily mean we like all facets of her/his life. We like to know about what (s)he reads but who cares about the development of her/his Farmville? Or, her/his score in this-n-that game? That’s when in life we also use Hide button. And I’m getting better to sense signs of what my friends like or not-so. Facebook has helped me to sharpen my intuition.

Got confirmation that a good friend will visit me lunch time, I was busy since got up. Not much to do, just tidying up house. Hosting is really the fastest way to tidy up house. Not that I have such a messy house but things like a mask without string had needed attention for weeks now. Packages arrived two days ago hadn’t been opened. Boxes for necklaces sat on my way in my bedroom. Some little things that were not supposed to be there. It’s all done in an hour!! It can be done if I’m willing to…

So I got two best friends came over to have a look at my house. They loved it! I know. It looks more a house now than when I moved in. My architect friend wondered if I’m going to stay in this house forever. I told him that I will keep my eyes and mind open but I don’t look for other place at the moment. Life is too good to start the hassle of building a house. Is this what you call a comfort zone? I guess so.

A corner in my house.