
Ubud is raining in the morning after days with sun. It’s nice for a change but it also brings me into rrr… a pensive mood? It happens I don’t have plan to go out today, I’m well stocked and want to tie some loose ends at home. But writing comes first. Apparently.
I have been thinking about this the past days. Why people bother about differences among them? I read on NY Times this morning about colors (red and yellow) have divided a small town in northeastern Thailand. The town is small enough to know the color of their neighbor. It divides the society into two. They burned buildings because of hatred in their hearts. It’s so ironic that it happens to people who hold belief of ‘compassionate, sensible, detached, loving, humanitarian, responsible, and ethical’ in life. They are human anyway with both love and hatred living side by side.
I knew many people had become distant to each other in America during and short after the presidential election just because of the candidate they chose. It’s sad that a father stopped talking with his daughter because of their president. This is a true story, not a rumor!
That’s an example of a bigger scale issue, in the smaller side, I observed the emotion among my friends on Facebook. Differences on point of view have separated some friends. They stop ‘befriending’ on Facebook and both parties don’t show compassion of other’s choice. It’s sad! I told a friend the other day that even Facebook is also like a belief. It's challenging to discuss about a belief because we are simply different, and it should be fine! That’s when I prefer to be a good listener in a hot discussion on politics, religion, or… Facebook! I respect all the differences we have. It’s nice to be in diversity actually, it enriches me in many ways.
I got company to join sketching with life model at a private gallery in Ubud on Wednesday morning. Although, I will go anyway, with or without company but I'm excited! It’s nice to anticipate spending time with this adventurous girl from New Zealand. I skipped this weekly session last week because of a breakfast-date with a girlfriend I hadn’t seen long time. This week I said no to her proposition to do again because I must join the session. The idea of attending for the first time has already fired me up that I will start gathering my stuff for the session and make a collage, if possible, today. I’m a bit relaxed about my necklace-project since a friend brought quite a bunch of my collection to Switzerland. I don’t have much left to deal here.
My week is already occupied by appointments and activities. I’m excited to anticipate each item. After three weeks residing back in Ubud, my wheel starts turning.
My old collage depicting me and the sun.